Sunday, February 24, 2013

A good effort this weekend!

Not out of the woods yet but was able to get a lot done this weekend:


  • New radius rod bushings (HUGE DIFFERENCE, the old ones were in really bad shape)




  • Adjusted the radius arm, I found the drivers side was 1 cm shorter than the passenger
  • Replaced the heater control for the front - the old wire was bent and so you couldn't control the on/off heat.  Works now!  I lubed it with tri-flow first to keep it working well.

  • New fuel filter - trying to track down loud fuel pump.  I will try to backflush the pump this week.  This is the old filter.  I also replaced a small section of hose that had a small crack in it (thought I changed them all already).  I still don't like that crappy metal strap.

  • Speedometer works now.
  • Tachometer works.  I finally tracked down the issue.  If I disconnect the battery the signal drops to the tach.  The only way to fix is to take a voltage across the alternator.  I need to focus on the alternator harness, I think that the ECU is simply not getting a signal that it's running.
  • Horn works
  • Scuffed front disks with 40 grit, and will inspect the rears soon.  Brakes are SO much better (but not perfect yet).
  • Labeled wiring in the dashboard.  This should help the next owner some day.
  • Headlight high beam and turn signal dash lights work.  So do the night time dash lights!




 Took to the local park to throw the ball for the dog.  She is still getting used to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment