Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Won't start

If it rains it pours.  While I've been waiting for my brakes, I have been working on wiring.  Well - went to start it and no love!  It turns over but nothing else.  After my initial unhappiness, I started to jump in and see what happened.  I realized that in my wiring zeal I must have pulled on the harness and possibly disconnected a key wire or two.

Couple things on this - in my opinion I shouldn't ever be able to pull on wiring and have the van stop.  Ever.  So I'm glad it happened while I am in the driveway.

As a result, I believe that the wire in question was to the fuel pump.  I rewired and re-grounded the wire to the pump, and totally cleaned up the routing as needed.  I now need two new weatherproof connectors to the + and - on the pump, something to research soon.

Haven't tried starting it yet.  On to next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment